At Om of Medicine, we believe in a balance of indica, sativa, hybrid, and CBD rich strains. Our goal is to provide clean, safe access of medical cannabis to our patients in a calm, friendly, and inspiring environment.
- Cannabidiol (CBD) relieves convulsions, inflammation, anxiety and nausea—many of the same therapeutic qualities as THC but without psycoactive effects. It is the main cannabinoid in low-THC cannabis strains, and modern breeders have been developing strains with greater CBD content for medical use.
- Cannabinol (CBN) is mildly psychoactive, decreases intraocular pressure, and seizure occurrence.
- Cannabichromene (CBC) promotes the analgesic effects (pain relief) of THC and has sedative (calming) effects.
- Cannabigerol (CBG) has sedative effects and antimicrobial properties, as well as lowers intraocular pressure.
- Tetrahydrocannabivarin (THCV) is showing promise for type 2 diabetes and related metabolic disorders.
What is CBD?
CBD (Cannabidiol) is one of the estimated 60 active cannabinoids identified in cannabis. It is a major constituent of the plant, accounting for up to 40% of the plant’s extract, as a non-psychoactive component. CBD produces many of the medicinal benefits of cannabis, while also balancing the psychoactive effects of the cannabinoid THC. Recently, there is an increasing focus on the therapeutic benefits of CBD, especially in its treatment of cancer, seizure disorders, pain management, and neurological disorders. More uses for other ailments are being realized everyday.
Many patients ask about CBD-only medications because they want to remain functional throughout the day, avoiding the psychoactive effects of THC. Although CBD has been found to inhibit the “high” effects of the THC, THC works synergistically with CBD, increasing the positive effects of the cannabinoid.
Each strain of cannabis contains varying levels of individual cannabinoids, causing effects that are specific to the physiology of the user. At Om, you will have a wide selection of medicine to ensure a cannabis treatment that works for you.
Common High-CBD Strains of Cannabis:
1. Cannatonic #4
2. LA Park
4. Charlotte’s Web
We are pleased to offer a discount to all veterans, senior citizens and disabled members.